Broad Street Solicitors Complaints Procedure
Our complaints policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards. If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details.
What will happen next?
- If you have a concern or problem, please discuss it with the fee earner dealing with your matter in the first instance. If you feel unable to discuss your problem with the fee earner or you feel that he/she has not properly addressed your problem, then we would ask you to put your problem in writing to the fee earner along with a copy to the firms supervisor.
- We aim to resolve your complaint within eight weeks of your notification. We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our client care Principal, Olusegun Ola, who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
- Olusegun Ola will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. Hewill do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- Within three days of the meeting, Olusegun Ola will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions he has agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Olusegun Ola will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for someone unconnected with the matter at the firm to review the decision.
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman (LeO) at PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ about your complaint. You can also e-mail the Legal Ombudsman (LeO) at email@example.com or telephone them on 0300 555 0333 or +44 121 245 3050 if calling from overseas. For further information, please access the Legal Ombudsman (LeO)’s website: www.legalombudsman.org.uk.
- Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint or within six years of the act or omission about which you are complaining occurring or if outside of this period, within three years of when you should reasonably have been aware of it.
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why